I missed a couple of weeks because I had visitors, started back to school, and lost track of time, but I’ll make up the extra two recipes at some point this year!
This weeks recipe is for Asian Coleslaw!
You will need:
- *1 can of chicken (for the vegetarian version, this is unnecessary)
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 8 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 7 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (shredded, raw cabbage and carrots+coleslaw dressing)
- 1 can of crunchy rice noodles
- green onion
- 1 packet of truvia/stevia sweetener
In a pan, over medium heat, toast the almonds and sesame seeds thoroughly. In a small bowl combine the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and sweetener, mixing together thoroughly. In a large bowl combine the chicken, bag of coleslaw mix, almonds, sesame seeds and rice noodles, mixing thoroughly. Stir in the vinegar dressing and enjoy. For a vegetarian salad do not add chicken and for a vegan salad, find vegan friendly sweetener and rice noodles at your local organic grocer!