Academia, asian, asian fusion, bachelorette, budget, cheap, cheap eats, cheapeats, city, college, cook, cooking, cuisine, dallas to new york, diet, directions, fast food, food, food porn, foodie, foodporn, freshman 15, fusion, grad student, graduate school, healthy, international, meals, new york, New York City, organic, quick, quick eats, single, step by step, thai, thai food, tutorial, university, vegan, vegetarian, whole foods
The following recipe makes 8 servings at <$2.55 a piece!
All ingredients are organic, and vegan (excluding the chicken)!
- 1 Pack 365 Everyday Value brand Spaghetti: $1.25
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts (omit or substitute for vegan/vegetarian recipe): $5.50
- 1/2 Container Baby Bella Mushrooms: $1.50
- 1 Container Baby Corn (fresh, not pickled): $4
- 2 Cups Mixed Stir-frying Vegetables (i.e. broccoli, red bell pepper, green onions, water chestnuts, snap peas): $3
- 1/4 Large Onion: $.35
- 3 small cloves of garlic: $.10
- 1-2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce: $.50-$1
- 1 Bottle 365 Everyday Value brand Peanut Sauce: $3
- Black Pepper: $.20
- Red Chili Flakes: $.25
- If you aren’t a fan of spicy flavors, omit the red chili flakes and black pepper and add roasted, unsalted cashews or peanuts for a more nutty flavor. Kaffir lime, ginger, bean sprouts, and basil are also tasty ingredients, found in many Thai dishes, that will add flavor without adding spice.
1. Wash and chop all vegetables into medium pieces, set aside.
2. Brown chicken on medium heat. Apply black pepper to taste.
3. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add all vegetables and 3/4th of the red chili flakes, on medium heat.
4. Sauté vegetables and spices on medium heat, reintroducing chicken when vegetables are thoroughly heated. Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally.
6. In a separate pot, bring water to a rolling boil and cook spaghetti. Make sure to cook spaghetti al dente as you will be adding copious amounts of sauce, which will further soften the pasta.
7. Drain spaghetti and water, reintroducing spaghetti to pot-on low heat.
8. Add one jar of 365 Brand Peanut Sauce, 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter, and the remaining red chili flakes to pasta, stirring sauce and spaghetti until thoroughly mixed.
9. On medium heat, combine all ingredients in the pan containing the vegetable, meat, and spice mixture. Toss until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed and heated.
10. Serve and enjoy!